[A83] Re: 83p os

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: 83p os

> If you already change the jumps you can also check that no program has an
> IM2 instruction in it. But when you have self modifying code it's very
> difficult to check.

It's even worse. IM 2 translates to ED5F, but a program can very well
contain
ED5F without switching to interrupt mode 2. For instance, 21ED5F is
perfectly
legal, as it means ld HL,$5FED. But checking the byte before ED5F does not
guarantee anything either. Consider the following:

DirtyTrick:
	ld HL,$5FED
... some code ...
	jp DirtyTrick+1

The only "solution" that I can think of is telling programmers they're not
allowed
to use IM 2, and trust they'll comply.

Rob van Wijk