[A83] Re: html mail

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: html mail

> And, html just doesn't make sense. It's mostly principle to me.

We need flame war to rachet up the rate of discussions.  Anyways, for people
that like text mail it's a matter of principles.  For people that like html
mail it's a matter of saving the time to scroll rather than saving computer
time, since humans remain at the same speed while computers get faster.
Also, what is rational about text mail when it can't even scroll right in
replies?  For example, look at the horrible line breaks in this message:

> The thing with winboard-style engines is that each engine would need
> function to generate (pseudo)legal moves, which would add to the
> amount of
> memory the program would require.  I think it's a good idea to have
> authors

The original message was ok at 76 or 80 characters per line, but with the
>'s added in single words now take up whole lines.

Follow-Ups: References: