[A83] Re: html mail

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: html mail

Shenkuang Francis Huang writes:
> Heh, I'm on a dorm connection :-)  Let me point out that it is easy
> for the TI archives to store only the text version, and as for the
> users, multi-GB hard drives make space less of an issue.

Good for you.  Other people are not.  Someone people actually pay per byte
for their internet connection.

> Here you have the trade off between being able to read your mail and
> wasting space.  The power users get to have nicely formatted text,
> and the rest get to read it without a lot of html tag junk.  Who has
> to get a clue?

What is not "nicely formatted" about lines wrapped at 76 characters?  It is
trivial to unwrap text lines if that is how you want to read it.

--
David Phillips <david@acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/

Follow-Ups: References: