[A83] Re: help for a routine - ASM Multiplying and dividing shortcut

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: help for a routine - ASM Multiplying and dividing shortcut

Hi!
I'm back from school, thanks for your answers!
Now, my answers :

David Philips> It seems that this routine (_divHLbyA) takes the same
amount of time independently of the value of the two numbers... maybe
I'll use it, because i need speed over size.

Ronald Teune> I want to do (h*256)/e because I want to have the ratio
h/e in a byte, and, because e>h, this ratio is <1, that's why I'm
doing this operation.

David Revelj> I won't use any table for such a "simple" operation, I
mean, it's not like trigonometrics, it's not worth it.

Sebastiaan Roodenburg> In my case, I can afford a precision of 2
units. But it can be useful for other purposes to have a perfect (1
unit) precision.

Brett Shaw> I think that it is what does the rom call _divHLbyA.
Thanks for the explaination !

I think I'll use divHLbyA for the moment, but i'm sure finding the
ratio of two numbers ( a fortiori with a precision of 2 units) can be
done with a trick....

Again, thanks !

guillaume hoffmann

Etudiant: Wanadoo t'offre le Pack eXtense Haut Débit soit 150,92 euros d'économies !
Et pour 1 euro de plus, reçois le CD-ROM du jeu Dark Age of Camelot
+ 1 mois de jeu en réseau offert !
Clique ici : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/mail.etudiant

Follow-Ups: References: