[A83] Re: Me so curious

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Me so curious

--- Gavin Olson <gtolson@snet.net> wrote:

> >That would mean only a new hardware version could
> fix it. Let's not
> >give TI a reason to do this (ie. write apps to
> flash without validating
> >them, allowing the execution of apps not signed for
> your calc).
> >I'm not too sure if TI would appreciate somebody
> modifying ROMs
> >(like replacing some routines with NOPs).
>
> This could produce a grey market in older 83+s . . .
> interesting.  Quick!
> Buy calcs now, before TI makes them secure! J/K

Hel-lo! To prevent OS hacking, it would have to be
made unupgradable (bad). To prevent user program FLASH
access with a hardware fix, it would mean no FLASH
access at all (bad).

=====
"The consequences of our actions are always so complicated,
so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult
business indeed."