[A83] Re: Me so curious

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Me so curious

> From what I've heard (this could be wrong) Michael has figured
> out a hole in the system the calc uses to validate the OS that
> is sent to it by a compuer or other calc.  If this is true, TI
> cant fix this unless they solder a new ROM chip in all the
> calcs, because *I think* the OS routines are in ROM (not flash).
>  Incidentally, using MV's new OS, you wouldn't even install
> v.1.16, but a version with Michael's code added.  If you can add
> code, you can cretainly take it away (or at least overwrite it
> with NOP's or something)
> Aaron

That would mean only a new hardware version could fix it. Let's not
give TI a reason to do this (ie. write apps to flash without validating
them, allowing the execution of apps not signed for your calc).
I'm not too sure if TI would appreciate somebody modifying ROMs
(like replacing some routines with NOPs).

Rob van Wijk

http://www.gmx.net

Follow-Ups: References: