[A83] Re: something to talk about

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: something to talk about

> Van: David Phillips <david@acz.org>
>
> > BTW I was thinking about putting the link communications into the
> > fastcopy instead of the delays. I'm not sure though whether I really
> > gain
> > time by doing so (if I want to have a foolproof linking routine with
> > proper error detection). It should be worked out properly.
>
> Joshua Seagoe was working on something like that for the 86.  I think his
> method was to do it all in the interrupt handler.  Though, that probably
> wouldn't work here, since interrupts are disabled during the screen
refresh.
> Calling it at the beginning and end of the main loop (on either side of
the
> render routine) might be the best way.  Though, on the z80 calcs, linking
is
> really a lost cause.  Even ZTetris had reliability problems.  Good luck
in
> making it work.

Hmm, really? Did you also test it with the newest version by Tijl
Coosemans? I even played his version with Real-TI vs. Virtual-TI. I don't
think the original version would do that kind of stuff. Actually I haven't
seen linkplay work, on the Ti83, in the older version. And I've tested it
with many calcs.

btw, the new version uses a new linkprotocol, Tijl has made compatible
versions for the 82, 83, 83+, 83+SE, 85 and 86. Solely the Ti73 and all the
M68k calcs are missing. And in case someone really missed the news back
then, it's about half the size of the older version.

	Henk Poley <><