[A83] Re: something to talk about

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: something to talk about

> has got some wrong calc, TiOS works fine(TI does use veeeery long delays)
> but in Ion and most games the screen is messed up. Do you think TI will
> repair the calc because the delay needed is abnormal high(but is ok in
> TiOS)?

I would suppose that TIOS reads the LCD driver status properly, and
decides about writing based on the reading. There's a bit which tells you
if the driver is ready to accept the next command. That seems to be
logical, so it will work on any clockrate.

> routine and a non-aligned sprite routine... but isnt the aligned a lot faster?
Yes, but it does much less, too...

> way faster built than non-aligned tiles? With scrolling that would mean it wouldnt be smooth...
I would never scroll by redrawing the whole screen... A collective binary
shift is obviously much faster than drawing lots of clipped unaligned
sprites. Smooth scrolling can be done at a rate of 60-80 fps, that leaves
quite much time for other things as well - going above 15 fps doesn't
really make sense on a slow LCD display.

PG
--
http://fastmail.fm - Or how I learned to stop worrying and love email
again