[A83] Re: [O/T] Linux

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: [O/T] Linux

> Van: Peter-Martijn Kuipers <hyper@hbyte.net>
>
> All I can tell you is that in my opinion you shouldn't take mandrake if
> you can choose for another one. I only have xperience with redhat
> (which runs like a breeze in my experience) and mandrake, so I can't give
> you much advice.

Funny, I always thought that Mandrake had an easy installer and a good
allround package, and that Red Hat is more something for server systems and
"advanced" (tty loving) *NIX users.

But as a matter of fact, all mainstream Linux distro's are good nowadays.
But indeed I would prefer a setup which selects packages for me based on a
checklist with "what you want to do with it" (internet, office,
mIrc/web-server, 3D, video, that sort of things).

btw, I only have experience with Suse6.4 (was released in 2000), and back
then there were things that could be improved. There were some
package-profiles, but as always they don't quite match your opinion, and
the printer setup sucked. Better tutorials would have been nice. But heck,
it only had KDE1...

I still have it installed, but my sisters use it more often then I do
(because KDE games rule :-)

	Henk Poley <><