[A83] Re: Ion Problems

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Ion Problems

> I think I'm doing something wrong in my program. It worked fine
> as a program, but not as an application. I am using "dwedit's app
> development kit". Could that be a problem?
> -Calc Freak

>StartBar:
(...)
>  jp ionLargeSprite
> ; call ionLargeSprite
>  jp grbufcpy
> ; B_Call _grbufcpy
(...)
> ionLargeSprite:
(...)
>  ret
> grbufcpy:
(...)
>  ret

You are jumping to a routine, using a 'call' should do the trick...

A 'call' pushes the current program counter to the stack, and then jumps to
the label.
A 'ret' poppes the program counter from the stack, and continues running
In your program you jump without pushing the program counter, when you do a
'ret' the program pops a 'random' value from the stack and continues
executing there...

Follow-Ups: References: