[A83] Re: Executing programs from and other programs...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Executing programs from and other programs...

An easy way to run another program written for the TI-OS would be like I
always do, for the sake of brevity....

This technique requires one program to be smaller than the other.

Your initial program should do what it has to do, then when you want to run
another asm program, find the program in ram using ChkFindSym and copy it to
usermem... careful of the 2 byte header though... then call 9d95h (usermem).
Note that you should keep all your variables at the end of your initial
program so they don't get overwritten. Also, the code that copies the
program should be far along enough in your initial program so that it does
not get overwritten with the copy. When the call usermem returns, find the
original program and copy that back to usermem (not all of it though.. keep
your vars in tact).

Hope this helps,
Tom