[A83] Re: Efficient way to find program?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Efficient way to find program?

> From: "Nat Allan" <nallan@hotkey.net.au>
>
> Im looking for a more efficient way other than contunually scanning
> the program table for a programs name or attributes..
>
> I was thinking of using _chkfindsym but im not 100% sure if that would
> work the same.

_chkfindsym should work. It looks up the program name stored in OP1 so you
could do something like this.

  ld    hl,prgmName  ; copy 9 bytes from prgmName
  rst   20h          ; to OP1
  bcall(_chkfindsym)
  [..here DE points the program data..]
  [..and HL to the program's vat entry..]

prgmName:
  .db   5,"PROGRAM",0

--
NO ePATENTS! Freedom for Business, Freedom for Education, Freedom for
Health! eSign NOW! (http://petition.eurolinux.org/)

Follow-Ups: References: