From: assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org]On Behalf Of David Phillips
Sent: 20 May 2002 22:09
To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: [A83] Re: 83+ compiling problems

There are several tutorials for learning z80 assembly language.  I suggest
first downloading Assembly Studio 8x, as it has a nice editor, assembler and
help file:

http://asmstudio.acz.org/

You'll then want an emulator, so you can try the stuff out.  Otherwise,
you'll be sending programs to your calculator and watching it crash a lot:

http://vti.acz.org/

There are several tutorials for the different calculators:

http://www.generation5.org/asmguru.shtml (TI-83)
http://guide.ticalc.org/ (TI-86)

I found my old backup of the ACZ sites yesterday, and put them back online:

http://ti83plus.acz.org/
http://ti86.acz.org/
http://ti89.acz.org/

The help file that comes with Assembly Studio 8x should be enough to get you
started learning z80.  It has detailed help for every instruction.  As for
how to use them, well, that's programming.  The easiest way to start is to
look over other people's code, see how it does it, then try it yourself.
Start by assembling and running other people's programs.  Then make small
modifications.  Eventually you'll get a feel for it.  Those last steps apply
can really apply to any programming language or environment.