[A83] ZPic83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] ZPic83

Hi guys!

I've just completed an initial version of my image compressor. It works
much like Bill Nagels pic83, with the following enhancements:

    1) it can compress images (Most of my pics have been reduced to less
than half their original size!)
    2) it can handle PCX files of any dimension and color depth (no need
to convert to 256 colors anymore :)

I'm not too sure about my 16 color PCX routines. Neopaint stores them in
a non-standard manner, so I couldn't test it fully. This is essentially
a beta release anyhow, so let me know about any bugs.

You can download ZPic83 from
http://home.iprimus.com.au/qarnos/zpic83/zpic83.zip. Please note it is a
Windows console program, and so it won't run under plain ol' DOS (blame
Visual C). I will release the source code shortly, however, so those who
wish to can compile it under DOS, or even Linux (I've stuck to ANSI
functions wherever possible).

In future, I plan to add support for grayscale, masking and images
consisting of tiles, so hopefully it will be something to look forward to.

Anyhow, have fun and let me know what results you get :)