[A83] Re: ASM program space alocation

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: ASM program space alocation

When you do Asm(prgmPROG, it copies the program. I don't program for shells
(not out of ignorance though...it sounds like shells are great). I am currently
programming for a specific project, and I do not have the source code for a
couple of small assembly programs that I need to run. I have tried having the
main asm program create a basic program that runs the other assembly program,
but this always ends up in a memory leak. Anyway, this solution solved a lot of
my problems, since I can now "call RunMyProg" and execute it using the
subroutine I detailed before. As a note, the sub-program does not use all
relative memory addresses.

-Tom Lutz

P.S. I think an APP that recompiles and runs asm program directly from their
location would be cool.... Don't know if it would be useful though.

Quoting Patai Gergely <patai.ti@freemail.hu>:

> > To go a little off topic, I found a neat little trick for
> those of you who wish
> > to run multiple assembly program from within one assembly
> program...see,
>
> This solution is only useful if the original program was
> also COPIED to the beginning of the usermem instead of
> being MOVED. Is there actually a shell that copies programs?
>
> Anyway, running other asm programs involves a lot of
> unnecessary work (it was discussed some weeks ago), unless
> they consist of merely small routines with only relative
> jumps inside, in which case you can simply call them
> without any need to move them around.
>
> When do you think this would be useful?
>
> PG

Follow-Ups: References: