[A83] Re: A couple of questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: A couple of questions

> 1. Does anyone know the algorithim the 83+ uses to turn bcalled
> addresses into an offset and rompage?

There is no algorithm.  It's a jump table, as on the 83 and 86.

> 2. detacheds.com appears to no longer point to the Detached
> Solutions webpage.  Has anyone else noticed this and/or know the
> new address?

It is now detachedsolutions.com.  The person who registered their domain was
stupid / lazy / cheap and decided that instead of paying $35 to renew the
domain and then transfer it to another registrar, he would instead let it
expire, then register it elsewhere.  That doesn't work, because as shown by
this example, it was registered by domain squatters.  Never screw with
VeriSign (formerly Network Solutions).  If your domain is going to expire
within six weeks (possibly twelve to be safe) or less, renew it with your
current registrar, and then transfer it.  Apparently, VerSign "locks" the
domain name, preventing transfer, if it is going to expire within that
period.  And of course, they likely have deals with companies such as this
one that purchase expired domain names, so that they get them first.

Again, never mess around with VeriSign, if you care at all about your
domain.  Even if you don't really care about it, do you want it registered
by someone who will use it for porn advertisements?  I use directNIC.com for
all my registrations.  They are cheap and run by competent people.  They are
the best domain registrar I have ever used, and offer a lot of nice
features.

Follow-Ups: References: