[A83] Re: Optimizing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Optimizing

And on the 86, the actual routine is on page 0, called directly from page D.
So you have two calls and the push/pop to take into account.  But there are
very, very few instances where a few t-states are going to make any
difference.  Only inside a sprite or tilemap drawing routine, but I can't
see doing 16 bit compares in there.  Or inside a 3D engine (I remember that
being an issue when Clem ported Maze3D to the Game Boy, since all it's
instructions are 8 bit).  But on the calculator, especially the 83, that
extra byte of RAM is more important than a few cycles.