[A83] Re: klez

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: klez

No, it uses faked headers and a faked envelope return path.  I've received
(what appear to be) several warnings from anti virus mail scanners that
found viruses in messages that I supposedly sent.  If you want to see where
the messages are really coming from, then look at the headers.  But be
warned that as with spam, some of the Received lines might be faked.  So
start from the top, and work your way down.  Or alternatively, use an
automated tool such as SpamCop to do the checking for you.  Just don't
report it as spam, because it's not (but you could alert the admin that
someone using their network has a virus).