[A83] Re: [OT] Off topic (sorry)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: [OT] Off topic (sorry)

> Van: Jimmy Pardey <j_pardey@hotmail.com>
>
> Hey, that is good, although copernic gives more results, sorts them in
> relevance, and does a lot of useless things as well.

Copernic is an "off-line" searcher, you can read the search results after
you diconnected or even rebooted.

Ever since I've used "Subme", and it has been closed down, I'm searching
for a good search engine. Just thought that this one might be it. But it
has far too low heuristics compared to Subme (by Smarthaven)...

Subme was an on-line personal intelligent search engine. When you searched
with Subme you got a little bar with '++', '+', '+/-', '-', '--'. By
pressing one of the buttons you told the searchegine if you liked the page.
It helped a lot when doing research on some schoolproject of mine. Since
you could teach it to bring back relevant pages about, let's say "quantum
computers". Even after the first 'search-cycle' it wouldn't give you
commercials about "Quantum" (a computer shop).

Tried Karnak once, it's faintly good, but tries to use people to index
pages, which tends to not show relevant pages if you search for something
to specific.

Think I'll stick with google after all.