[A83] Re: Assembly Studio 8x

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Assembly Studio 8x

> Van: David Phillips <david@acz.org>
> [..]
> test.asm:
> #if 0
> #define foo
> #endif
>
> It would give a bogus error:
>
> Error #110 in test.asm, Line 2: Unrecognized preprocessor directive:
> "#define"
>
> I'd be willing to fix the bug, if Jeremy would do a new release (since I
> have no idea how to generate an MSI, and do not want to do a release of
> his program).  Jonah might have fixed this in cz80, in which case all
> that would be needed is to do a new release (or simply put a fixed
> executable on asmstudio.acz.org).

MSIs are 'fairly simple' to maintain, especialy if the package has a
builtin 'transform' option, for network/internet updates. As far as I know
it tries to download some text-file from the URLs it knows to check what
(and
if an) update is available.

And yes, Micros~1 Knowledge Base is a pain to find your way in. And it
seems also that the MSI SDK isn't all you need to develop MSIs. It's more
some kind of doctor tool to find out what's wrong with it and to be able to
change things on a low level...

	Henk Poley <><