[A83] Re: windows programmation [OT]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 01:37 2002-01-27, you wrote:

>http://www.acm.org/sigapl/apl.htm
>
>I've never programmed it.  After reading a little more it seems that apl(j
>is based on apl) and j are interpretted languages and although ms sucks, i
>think its pretty safe to say they would not suck so much as to write their
>entire operating system in an interpretted language.  I'm a little confused
>as to why ms created a lanuage called J# (j sharp).  J# appears to be very
>much like java however i do not believe the language J to be based on java.

I think I can safely say that J# has absolutley nothing to do with the
language J based on APL.
MS seems to call their implementation of Java J sometimes. like J++ and J#.
I don't think ms has ever done anything with the old language J, probably
just a coincidence that they happended to reuse that "name".

///Olle

Follow-Ups: References: