[A83] Re: windows programmation [OT]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 13:13 2002-01-26, you wrote:
>Win 1.xx, used ascii-art like windowing system (like dosshell)

Was it? I remember it as graphical too. But didn't support overlapping windows.
I have Windows 1.01 here, unfortunataly I couldn't test it, since it
doesn't run under win2000,
I know I ran it under win95.
At least I had to specify graphics adapter at startup (EGA was the highest
possible)
If anyone wants to try, grab it from here: http://alh.dhs.org/win1.01/

a tip for installation is to extract all disks into a folder on your
computer, and then from a command line write
subst b: c:\whatever\folder
and then install from b:, then the setup thinks it installs from floppys.
Its ok to run setup, 1.01 does not change any startup files, or boot
sectors, it just installs itself into a folder.

///Olle