[A83] Re: Learning ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Learning ASM

> From: "Alexander Hall" <compuguy1088@msn.com>
>
> > First question: 83- or 83+?
>
> 83+

Asmguru is a set of tutorials written for the regular 83. It is
adviced to struggle through it, but just keep in mind that if
something doesn't work as it is explained, it probably is because of
differences between the 2 calculators.

First thing that differs is that you need other tools.

(1) ftp://ftp.halcyon.com/pub/users/squakvly/tasm32.zip
(2) http://www.ticalc.org/pub/dos/asm/tasm80ud.zip
(3) http://www.ticalc.org/pub/dos/devpac8x.zip
(4) http://education.ti.com/developer/83/download/ti83plus.inc
(5) http://education.ti.com/developer/83/download/sdk83pguide.pdf

(1) is Tasm 3.2.
(2) makes Tasm understand Z80 Assembly code.
(3) is your obj83 replacement. I use that one, but others may
    advise you to use some other tool like Obj8x or Bin8x.
    It doesn't really matter wich one you use.
(4) replaces ti83asm.inc and tokens.inc for the 83+.
(5) 2Mb official information from TI about the TI83+'s architecture.
    Not really necessary to start learning assembly, but nice to have.

I think that's about it. It'll be hard at first, but once you start to
understand things a bit, it'll be lots of fun.