[A83] Re: MirageOS remembering program location

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: MirageOS remembering program location

>>Actually, the 86 usually doesn't lose your data when it crashes. It has a
>checksum for the RAM pages, and it only resets it if it doesn't match. So
>you can have a program crash, pull a battery, and have your stuff when it
>comes back. And, hopefully, nothing will be corrupted. >>Also, most shells
on the 86 use some unused bits in the VAT entry for a >program to determine
which folder in a shell it resides in. >I did not know that.  Too bad the
83(+) doesn't have something like that.

Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: Click Here[1]

--- Links ---
   1 'http://go.msn.com/bql/hmtag2_etl_EN.asp'