[A83] Re: MirageOS ... [OT]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: MirageOS ... [OT]

Dammit! Stupid windoze and hotmail.  Sorry about the funny e-mail.  I'm
sending this with IE on windoze, and I just noticed that some nice graphical
text formatter pops up and screws everything up.  It seems that every other
time I press [enter] it'll skip down some 8 or 9 lines.  So, if you couldn't
read my previous email here: >Basically, the only reason I would rather not
clear the RAM or ROM of my >calculator is because I would then have to spend
five minutes reorganizing >the programs in MirageOS. How does MirageOS
'remember' which folder each >program is in? Should I move the programs from
folder to folder when they >are in RAM or something to avoid having to do it
every time my calc will >crash?

Correct me anyone if I am wrong, but I think that your password, folders,
options, blah, blah, blah are stored in the appvar "MirageOS". It's really
small. Put it in a group or load it onto your computer if you need a backup.

>By the way, did TI allow the 83+ to crash like at the first sign of any
danger? (Because in >case of a reset, everything in the archive will be
saved, unlike an 86, which doesn't have >Flash ROM?)

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but... Everything in your archive isn't
lost at a crash because it's flash - different memory than RAM. If your calc
crashed *really bad*, you'd loose everything, and you'd probably have to
re-load the OS. But when it crashes normaly (i.e "RAM cleared"), your
archivewon't be erased. The 86 only has RAM. So, yes, when the 86 crashes,
you lose everything.

Did this answer your question? --Joel

My apologies if you can't read this one either.

Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: Click Here[1]

--- Links ---
   1 'http://go.msn.com/bql/hmtag1_etl_EN.asp'