[A83] Re: VoyageT_200 [OT]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: VoyageT_200 [OT]

> Is there somehwere I can find documentation on how to
change hardware
> setting under Mandrake without reinstalling?  Most of the
stuff in the docs
> say to use command prompt stuff, but X starts
automatically, not allowing
> me access to the prompt.

You can always access the prompt, either through an X
console (xterm, anything) or...
If you're under X, press Ctrl-Alt-F1 (2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
for consoles 1-6. X is on the 7th console by default. When
already in a console, you can switch to another one with
Alt-Fx (F7 gets you back to X).

And if you don't want X to autostart, remove xdm.

btw if I remember well there are X apps that handle
hardware stuff (kudzu or what... I don't remember the name
of the app with the face-like icon... others surely know it
better)

PG