[A83] XP [OT]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] XP [OT]

> Van: Gül <eniyi@yahoo.com>
>
> I don't want to start another XP discussion, but if your computer is
> powerful enough and if you are able to use it, XP works better than any
> other Windows version.

Here in Holland there was had a funny thing with the introduction of XP,
when you would buy XP OEM you would receive 128mb RAM free :-)

That's what you call marketing... ;-P

NB: That is half of the 'recommended' value. For Win95 that was 8meg. And
for 98/ME it still is, as long as you strip off IE. Most of the bugs of IE
on Win9x are caused by non-existance of a root/user-structure. But if I
would want that (NT/XP have this), I would be using Linux. (Is this bait or
not?)

	Henk Poley <><

BTW: Anyone on opening an [OT] list on Ticalc?