[A83] Re: squish-like inc for other calculators

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, SUCKER from the old days wrote:

> At first TI gave us only ti83asm.inc and tokens.inc,
> but later Pat Milheron (lead programmer of the 83)
> gave the assembly community squish.inc. With the
> other Ti calculators, did ti give immediately much
> more romcalls to work with??

No, they didn't.

For the TI-85 (the first calculator users programmed in assembly) as well
as the TI-82 and TI-92, absolutely no information was ever given.  But
this wasn't a huge problem for the community once the method to start a
program running was figured out.

For the others, even though I was in the so-called "community" at the time
I don't really remember the details.  For the TI-86, I believe what was
initially given was an include file (ti86asm.inc) that only had the
fundamental functions (like displaying a string) and some basic RAM
equates, and it did not document how the functions worked.  Later on, they
released a few more includes with functions to help with accessing its
memory arrangement, math functions, etc. along with limited documentation.

For the TI-89, I think the sitatuion was about the same, with only a list
of equates (and the calling method) released at first, with real
documentation only released once everyone had already figured it out
themselves.

Of course in both of these situations users had the benefit of the
information already existing (for TI-85 and TI-92) that had of course been
figured out without any input from TI.

Follow-Ups: References: