[A83] Re: Happy (new year) and Euro)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Happy (new year) and Euro)

> Van: Gavin Olson <gtolson@snet.net>
>
> >The new Euro's give a neat effect when put against a blacklight.
> >(just tried it out).
> >
> >They show tiny fibers lighting up in read, blue and green, and the back
of
> >the European flag shines greenish
> >

> Ah. I remember this stuff when the new US bills came out. Microprint,
> black-light areas, hidden pictures.  What fun.  Of course, the stuff is
> almost impossible to verify in a supermarket checkout, but thats fine.

Hidden pictures is a funny technique, you print dots just as close together
that the (avarage) fotocopier sees them as one (bigger) dot, that way you
can clutter big patches together so a new picture appears when you fotocopy
the thing.

The main problem is that if the fotocopiers get better (higher resolution)
it won't work anymore. But that's not a realy big problem since there is no
special need for better copiers.

And about blacklight areas, most stores in my neighbourhood now have such a
blacklight-box. Then off coarse they'll only use it if they think you are
fakeing them...

	Henk Poley <><