From: assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org] On Behalf Of Rob van Wijk
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 4:07 PM
To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: [A83] Re: Superscript numbers

> > > Superscript 3 is $0e or $d5
> >
> > One of these is used for "to the third power", the other one
> > is used for cubic root. The difference is just one pixel though.
>
> Hey, that's cool! Never mentioned it. But why would ti use a double
> character?

Because you need to be able to tell the difference. Look at this
example (try it on your calc if you don't understand it here):

x^3 sqrt(x)
x  cubicroot(x)

You can only tell them apart because of the different superscripted 3's.

> Aren't there many "special" characters that could be used
> instead of this one?

At the end of the Ti Ascii table, their are a number of characters that
are all the same, if they needed extra symbols, I think they could be
placed there.

Rob van Wijk

> > Rob van Wijk
> >
> > --
> > GMX - Die Kommunikationsplattform im Internet.
> > http://www.gmx.net
>
> Heh, yeah, they're become German-only since a few weeks :)
> Hard to read :)

I don't like it, but I'll manage ;)

http://www.gmx.net

Follow-Ups: References: