[A83] Re: (hl) and hl

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: (hl) and hl

Yeah, thats right,
to put it another way:

hl is a register that can contain any number between 0 and 65535

(hl) means the byte in memory that has the address
(between 0 and 65535) that equals the number in hl.

in essence: if hl contains 10000, (hl) will point to byte number 10000,
so "ld (hl), 12" will load 12 into byte number 10000.

--Peter-Martijn