From: "Henk Poley" <HPoley@DDS.nl>
To: <assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 12:24 PM
Subject: [A83] Re: APD in getk loop

> Van: TypeR unknown <typerfuture@hotmail.com>
>=20
> Can somebody tell me how I can use the Automatic Power Down in a Getk
loop?
>=20
> This loop currently looks like this;
>=20
> loop:
>    call _getk
>    or a
>    jr z,label

If you want to save plotSScreen to the APD-buffer you can use _SaveDisp =
(or
_SaveOscreen) at $4859, and _RestoreDisp at $4BA4 to put it back again.

To switch off the calc:

ld a,2 ;
out ($10),a ; display off
ld a,1 ;
out (3),a ; enable only [ON]-interrupt and turn
; LCD-driver into standby mode
halt ; wait 'til [ON] keypress
ld a,%1011 ;
out (3),a ; enable [ON] interrupt and periodic
; interrupt. Turn on LCD driver
ld a,3 ;
out ($10),a ; display on

You should know that when you switch off the LCD-driver the screen will =
be
cleared. The above *routine* doesn't affect plotSScreen so just calling
FastCopy will help.

Henk Poley <><