[A83] Re: assembly-83 Digest V2 #26

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: assembly-83 Digest V2 #26

> Van: Nick Palladino <nickps1@hotmail.com>
>
> I know this is the TI-83 asm mailing lists, but I have a question that
> involves basic. If anyone knows the answer this question please reply.
> Well, here it is.
> I am making a BASIC program which will store hexadecimal(for an ASM
> program) into a string.So, for example "CD5547C9"will be stored into
> string1. I am wondering how i would take the data from string1 and
> make it into an ASM program?
> I know that if I did this it would work fine:
> :CD5547C9
> :END
> :0000
> :END
> But, I want it to take the data from the string and make the same
> program. If possible, or if anyone knows how to do this I would really
> like to know. Or if there is an alternative in BASIC. Thank you very
> much!

Nice that you ask, I think I know how you can do that, but never got to
writing it. The nice thing about strings and programs is that the data part
is in the same format:

 .dw sizebytes
 .db tokendata[,..]

So you just need to create a 0 bytes long program. Look up the
string-pointer in the VAT. Then exchange the two sizebyte-pointers and
delete the string.

If you want me to write some code, just ask, but it might take a while.
What kind of syntax do you want?

:prgmS2P:(Str1,Str2) -- Where Str2 holds the program name

Or plain old:

:"HELLO"->Str2 -- program name
:"Str1"
:send(9prgmS2P  -- Or just :prgmS2P

Maybe using the first 8 chars of your string (the would-be-program-file)
for the name? Anything else?

You are going to try to port vertigo (programming language for the Ti-85)
to the Ti83(+)?

	Henk Poley <><