[A83] Hmm, ti's license for the SW

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Hmm, ti's license for the SW

Since I wanted to find out exactly wat those bytes in the OS were
that the thread referred to, I downloaded the OS from TI.
Luckily the license prohibits only reverse-compiling and reverse-assembly,
but not reverse-engineering.
But it set me thinking... assembly is not too hard to learn to read in
object-code, so what if I could read and understand assembled object-code,
and I was reading through the 8xu file. Would that be considered
reverse-assembly.
If so, could they prohibit me from reading the 8xu?
Or does the term reverse-assembly only apply to running the code through
a dis-assembler?