[A83] Re: Fwd: RE: TI-OS replacement

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Fwd: RE: TI-OS replacement

Yeah, I guess so. perhaps it would be worth it to send out another email to clarify? Because, again, considering that these "Operating Systems" specifically call themselves shells on their pages, you'd think that TI would have some sort of clue.

But really, it should be expected for consumer relations at a company that deals with calculator hardware to know the relevant software terms as well. Nothing too big, of course, I don't expect them to hold an intelligent conversation about assembly programming, but I do expect them to know there's a fundamental difference between a Shell and an OS, just like there's a fundamental difference between a TI-BASIC program and an ASM program.

 Hannes Edfeldt <hannes.edfeldt@bredband.net> wrote:

Yes, of course they are and yeah you would really expect a
company like TI to get that right. Then again, since they
say that there are several other alternative OS:s I put my
money on that they're just mixing it up and are talking
about the shells. I think you're expecting a little bit too
much from the TI customer relations department =)

/Hannes

Do you Yahoo!?