[A83] Re: NimbusOS [OT]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: NimbusOS [OT]

Been away for two and a half weeks, so sorry for the 'old post'.

> Van: David Phillips <david@acz.org>
>
> I don't see why it is so difficult to call the calculators by their
> proper names.

Uhm, almost all Ti83+ newbies on this list think that everything made for
the Ti83 runs also on the Ti83+ (so they post their question with "Ti83",
or just no name). And off coarse -in general- it does, when reassembled
with the correct includefiles/header. So when someone posts some routine on
this list it is meant to run on both (or better all three) of the Ti83s.
Thats why this is a "shared list" between the Ti83, Ti83+ and Ti83+
SE.

So to stop being mistaken by the particular 'calculator species' we add the
minus sign, to make sure we all get the messages that it is not made to run
on the Ti83+ nor Ti83+ SE.

This is more convenient than adding sentences like "This code is for the
Ti83 only (so not the Ti83+(SE)", I guess...

And last, why bother? Everybody seems to understand this better than the
'official' notation. And off coarse, you are free to chose to "use it" or
not.

At least this thread seems to have revived the list ;-)

	Henk Poley <><

PS: Sorry Aaron...