[A83] Re: arctan

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: arctan

> Series expansion = taylor polynomial

Taylor series? No way. That's a bad choice when you have
only 8(or 16)-bit integer arithmetic. Just think about how
many multiplications you have to do to get a reasonably
accurate value...

To all: as you may have noticed, I posted a link with a
possible solution to the arctan2 problem. Its drawback is
that this routine, while being quite fast, is very large
due to the 256-byte lookup table it requires. If anyone can
think of a good and still fast approximation which can be
realised in much less space, I'd like to hear about it.

PG