[A83] Re: _InsertMem & memory layout

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: _InsertMem & memory layout

> Van: David Phillips <david@acz.org>
>
> Yes, anytime you resize a variable, the OS may decide to rearrange
> things. The VAT is constantly being rearranged to avoid fragmentation.
> Things never get fragmented.  They just get swapped around.

I thought the TIOS only insert/delete-mem'ed... Sometimes it might load
Reals for example to OPx, delete the var, calculate and recreate it. But I
don't think that's very likely. I guess it's a bit 'my fault' since I have
written in the ROMcall reference that they merely get "swapped around".

But you are right, there is no fragmentation. Files are always linear on
all the Z80 Ti's.

	Henk Poley <><