[A83] Re: Is compression possible?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Is compression possible?

In 83+, to get the best results and to compress large files, the
compression program must be very small in size or it must be an app, then.
But an app is very large. I never understood why they have that extra ram
in SE.
Maybe somehow, this compression algorithm can be combined with grouping
and group files can be compressed.

--- Joe Pemberton <joe@joepnet.com> wrote:
> Those programs used very large buffers (16k+) to compress and decompress
> things (which is a nice thing about the 86).  I was talking to Kirk
> Meyer
> about this very subject and he was pretty sure that implementing the
> compression algorithm from lite86 at least would not be feasible on the
> 83+.
> The 83se, however, has those extra ram pages that could be used.
> - -Joe

=====
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience -- well, that comes from poor judgment.
  -Anonymous