[A83] Re: how to create multipage apps with tasm?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: how to create multipage apps with tasm?

I have no idea how to do it in TASM, but you'll need to tell the linker how
to overlay the files. You need to be able to specify that each page (or
segment) overlays properly, but that it is also properly set up in the
memory. This is fairly complicated to do in the ZDS IDE, so heaven knows how
complicated it is on the command-line.

Try taking a look at DEFINE, SEGMENT and SPACE...you use them in the ZDS
source files, perhaps they're useful in TASM too?

If you're using Windows, I'd really *really* recommend using ZDS for
multipage development. If you're using Unix...well, I don't know anything
about that either! :)

James.