[A83] Re: simplifying boolean functions (non-programming)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: simplifying boolean functions (non-programming)

Hmm, it's really no that hard.

A 2 var looks like this:

OO
OOY

A 3 var like this. Notice how it's copied and pasted And the middle part
is the new var

 ZZ
OOOO
OOOOY
 X X

Now let's extend it...
O = old possibilities, N = new possibilities
  ZZ
 OOOO
WOOOOY
WNNNN
 NNNNY
  X X

Thus a five var would look like this:

    UUUU
   ZZ  ZZ
  OOOONNNN
 WOOOONNNNY
 WOOOONNNN
  OOOONNNNY
   X X X X

You can extend it in this way, to whatever you like, even 75 vars (if you would
want to ;-)

Problem is legibility, since you'll have to write Var designations on top of
each other (like the U's and the Z's in the previous example

Send word if you get it (or not :-)
--Peter-Martijn