[A83] Re: storing op1 to list

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: storing op1 to list

> Van: Sebastiaan Roodenburg <sebastiaan@rimsystems.nl>
>
> > > Van: TypeR unknown <typerfuture@hotmail.com>
> > >
> > > Would it really be possible to go onto the internet with my pentium
90,
> > > with 100 MB of free memory on the harddisk ???
> >
> > I use a Pentium100, with 40mb RAM, 14k4 dailup, Win95 and Win98Lite. No
> > problems at all. Even in the time it only had 8mb (used IE3 that
> > time). Now
> > I use Opera 5.10, that is a really small browser (install files can fit
on
> > 2x1.44mb floppies).
> >
> > In it's normal state you can view HTML (with JavaScript), and via some
> > (Netscape) plugins you can add new things like Java-support (although
that
> > tends to be reeeealy s-l-o-o-o-o-w-w-w-w on my machine).
> >
> > You can find Opera in most PC-Magazines on the cover-CD.
> > And getting a modem below the 56k range is normaly just asking around,
> > people who have 'upgraded' to faster modems normaly won't throw away
their
> > old ones. I guess you can get a 33k6 for < 10 EUR.
> >

> Why don't you just use a 'fast' modem on an old computer? a 56k modem
works
> fine on a  486 / Pentium ...

I knew somebody would ask...

It's kinda 'stupid', we have got ISDN (64k up/down digital line) at home,
but when we bought the computer we bought it with a 14k4 modem (analog). At
the moment we installed the ISDN line(s), we were thinking about buy a new
PC soon. So that's why we/I haven't bought a faster modem...
(plus we need to wire another line [ISDN this time] to the 2nd floor, where
the PC is)

	Henk Poley <><