[A83] Re: LCD update freq and working with 16bit numbers on the Z80

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: LCD update freq and working with 16bit numbers on the Z80

>That's strange, do you run a special IM2 interrupt, that outputs to or
>reads from the display? (I don't think so, just checking)

No, I haven't touched the interrupts at all.

>I don't have any problems without the DI (as far as I know), although I
>haven't tested the 'raw' ionFastCopy in while (I always use the Venus ~FCPY
>lib :-). Oh, and yes, "DI" does mean Disable Interrupts.
>
>What ROM version do you have? There are differences in the LCD(-driver)
>used in the different Ti-83's (they don't have Flash, so the ROM version
>corresponds with the hardware version), some are slower, some are faster.

I do all my developing in the VTI-emulator, don't know what version of
the ROM I have. Actually, I haven't tested transferring the program
to the calc with interrupts enabled, maybe it works OK there, and it's
the emulator that have some kind of problem with the interrupts..
Anyway, since it works fine with interrupts disabled, I'll just run it
like that, unless there's some reason that I should leave interrupts
enabled?

/Andreas