[A83] Re: im 2

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: im 2

> I won't tell either (I do know what he is trying to do) :-)
>
> Just trust me he, what he want's to do can be really helpfull (for nearly
> all of you).

Well, being as the only calcs that I still have are an 86 and an 89, I doubt
that :)

It's hard to offer suggestions when you are being so vague.

> > > Your logic doesn't make any sense.  Having less control over your
> > > program doesn't make it faster.
>
> Oh yes, it can...

I don't think so.  Doing something in hardware can save you cpu time.  But
using a timer interrupt and having routines randomly interrupt each other
will not make a program faster.  Context switches like that incur the
penalty of having to save the state of the registers.  If you really want to
get the most cycles per second, you need to disable the interrupts and do
everything yourself.  You save the time it takes to save/restore registers,
or gain the use of shadow registers.  Using shadow registers can save you a
lot of time.

Follow-Ups: References: