[A83] Re: Special ram areas?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Special ram areas?

At 20:18 2001-10-31, you wrote:

> > Van: BRANDON STERNER <bms9019@osfmail.isc.rit.edu>
>
>It might be a good idea to create a new program and copy your fonthook into
>it (or just make one yourself with TASM and bin2var). Give that
>'fonthook'-program some distinguishable header. Then make a routine that
>knows the last correct adress of the file, checks if it's still there
>(fast), looks it up if not (slow), and jumps to it. Such code would be
>small, and could fit into the stack area. This way you are compatible with
>almost all programs that exist for the Ti83+ I guess.
>
>The header and the name of the program could be the same (to safe space).
>Since the lookup routine has stored where your font-hook is, you can use
>that info to calculate adresses inside the program (old Ti85 style).
>
>Good luck!
>
>         Henk Poley <><

If you archive the file, wouldn't that guarantee that it is always in the
same place?
I am not sure about the 83+ architechture, but I am fairly sure that this
would be the case on a ti89 wich has no bank switching or stuff like that.
Maybe a bit cumbersome to demand that the font file is archived though, but
could at least be a recommendation in the readme. (you probably would want
that anyway since you have more space to spare in archive)

///Olle