[A83] Re: Help w/ dividing and subtracting 2 byte registers

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Help w/ dividing and subtracting 2 byte registers

> Oh yeah. P.S. I particularly want to be able to divide a two byte register
> by 9 or 18

There is a rom call to divide HL by A (look at the headers).  If you want to
see how one works, check out this code:

http://icarus.ticalc.org/features/multdiv.h

> > Is there a way to subtract one two byte register from another? Also,
what
> are the bit shifting commands and how do they work? Thanks a lot!

Read the help file that comes with Assembly Studio 8x.  It explains all of
the instructions, and has them broken down into categories.

 To subtract HL from BC:

 or a          ; clear carry flag
 sbc hl,bc   ; subtract hl from bc, with carry (which is now clear)