[A83] Re: Conditional bcall()ing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 18:28 2001-10-29, you wrote:
> >TASM will convert 'label' to an address which depends on the '.org'
>directive.
>
>I know quite sure this is only the case with jp.

No. read the rest of the mail:

> >Then TASM computes the number of bytes between the address of the byte
> >after the 'jr' instruction and the calculated address of 'label'.

he is right, and I am wrong again :)
Always messier then you think when you try to sort out the relationship
between the asm and the actual machine language (opcodes). They are farther
away from eachother then you think sometimes.
labels are anyway always (crossing fingers) just human-readable names for
adresses, or offsets to the current instruction if used together with
instructions that use relative adressing. (like jr)

///Olle