[A83] Re: The fuzz at ticalc.org

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: The fuzz at ticalc.org

TI must blame ticalc.org, becuase TI's reputation is more important that
ticalc.org's reputation.
You can also see the TI's memo about this incident. (I got these links
from ti-programmers.com)

http://www.ikevtiva.com/temp/ticd1.jpg
http://www.ikevtiva.com/temp/ticd2.jpg

--- Peter-Martijn Kuipers <hyper@hysoft-automation.com> wrote:

> > Do you know specifically which files are the problem?  I think a lot
> of us
> > would be interested in knowing.
>
> Alas not, this was something from the calc.org forum, one inappropriate
> file
> someone found was listed there.
> I'd be interested too in knowing exactly what files were the cause.
>
> > Parents usually do not have qualms about buying an expensive graphing
> > calculator because it is recommended by the school.  TI is trusted as
> being
> > an educator.  Once this trust is broken, it becomes more difficult to
> be
> > endorsed by schools.  Parents that hear about inappropriate content on
> TI
> > calculator related products will be warry about buying them, consider
> > alternatives, and possibly put pressure on schools to consider
> alternatives.
> > This directly hurts calculator sales.
>
> Didn't think about that, good point.
>
> But why imply nearly all of the blame on ticalc.org, and let other
> calculator
> sites that had nothing to do with the cd suffer from it too...
>
> Ah well, maybe they'll relist all the sites in a couple of weeks, and
> this
> whole ticalc.or closedown, and TI removing links to calc archives, is
> just
> some show performance for the shools and parents....

=====
Brain: an apparatus with which we think we think.
Beyin: onu kullanarak düşündüğümüzü düşündüğümüz bir alet.
 -Ambrose Bierce