[A83] Re: How to create a segment "_seg"

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: How to create a segment "_seg"

This is off topic.  Please direct such questions to comp.lang.c++.  Google
is a wonderful thing.

If you had done some research, you would know that _seg is not ANSI C++, and
is a compiler extension on some compilers for 16-bit x86 operating systems
like DOS and Windows 3.1 that use segments.  On any modern compiler for a
32-bit operating system, it is not necessary to deal with segments, because
the operating system should provide you with a flat address space.

> I am working on a C++ compiler and _seg is not avalible, and I was
> wondering...
>
> I have a long int declared "long X"  If I want the segment of that number,
> would I do this x>>16 ?  Please hurry with this responce, and thanks for
any
> help.

Follow-Ups: References: