[A83] Re: Delays and grayscales

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Delays and grayscales

[snip]
>Wow.. that's some interesting stuff. So you are saying that the speed of
>the z80 is dependent of the battery status? That sounds very strange.
>Say that the Z80 is running at 6MHz (6mil cycles per sec.), then with
>bad batteries you would only get like 4MHz? Isn't there a clock

I don't think the difference is _that_ big.

Voltage 1.5 V ----  1.1 V     ~~ 73%
CPU Speed 6 MHz ---- 4 MHz ~~ 66%

Hey, that's quite close...
Wow, what a slow calc should I have now (with rechargeable batteries)!

Let's test drawing a funtion together with someone at school with a 'fast'
calc...

>generator that makes sure that the CPU exectues exactly those 6 mil
>cycles per second?
>
>>So when you get a clean picture on the 83, it's mostly just luck. Put
>>in other batteries and things look different. This explains why your
>>second example looks worse even though it's faster and should look
>>better.
>
>:( Then the grayscale routine I have fine-tuned to look great on my calc
>may look like crap on other peoples calc, and even on mine when I change
>batteries.. not good at all.
>
>I do have some questions on the interlace techniques you explained
>aswell, but I haven't got time to read through and think about it

I'm using RIGView for a while now, and it displays grayscale perfect, with
some sort of interlace technique. It has the source included and is
availbable from TiCalc (just search, I don't know the exact url...)
This is for MirageOS, though you can also make standalone pics (which I do
since I don't have Mirage)

>thorougly enough right now (gotta get back to actually _working_ at
>work soon :)) but I'll probably be back with more annoying questions
>later.. sorry.. :)
>
>Anyway, big thanks for the extensive response!
>
>/Andreas

Groeten,
        Ronald Teune
        Using Opera since 08/10/2001
        http://www.zeekoe.cjb.net
        iets@zeekoe.cjb.net
Anything that is good and useful is made of chocolate.
(Bryan Fields, TI-Hardware mailinglist)